Powered By Blogger

Sunday, April 11, 2010

Beijing-phase 2

Today we went to one of our highest priority spots, the Great Wall. And boy was it great. The section of wall we saw was huge, and we barely saw any of it. We went up by cable car and down by gravity. No, we didn't fall all the way, we took little sled-cart toboggans. They were like this:
--seat
---I-------------O
---\/------------I<=speed control lever
____________I_____________
[]--------------------O-----------[]
^brake pads--------^wheels

I would have pics of the ride, but they didn't allow pictures, so all pictures are of the top and bottom.
After the wall, we went to tian'anmen square, which is basically a memorium to this guy called Chairman Mao Tse-Tsung.



He was the first leader of the communist thinking in China. Communism is basically: "you get paid the same no matter what you do, or how hard you work". So people started slacking off and communism collapsed in on itself. Poor Mao.

No comments:

Post a Comment